Wildlife Tranquilization and Gun Maintenance

I had a wonderful experience in Gorewada Forest getting trained in techniques of wildlife tranquilization and gun maintenance. The two day, 16 hour training was conducted by the Nawab Shafat Ali of Hyderabad and his team with Dr. Naveen Kumar as the veterinary expert.

Alongwith around 20 other Range Forest Officers of jungles around Nagpur, I learned about the various drugs used to tranquilize the animals, how to prepare the dart and load the gun. After that, we spent time practising using the guns and aiming for the targets. It was a novel experience for me because I dont really remember playing with even a plastic toy gun. The gun made of metal and wood took quite some time getting used to, but I did manage to fire quite close to the target. The Dan-inject gun was lighter and much easier to handle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby human and dogs

While You Were Sleeping

Neuter your pets and community dogs